This course covers general health and workplace safety and the risks posed by noise to hearing. It looks at the duties and responsibilities outlined in the Control of Noise at Work Regulations (2005) for both employers and employees.
We focus on what you need to know to carry out a competent noise risk assessment and how you can use your results to implement suitable control measures, produce effective actions and follow ups and prevent potential harm to your employees.
We’ll also cover both the theory and practical side of noise measurement and control and include a useful hands-on element where you will take measurements and analyse the results.
Topics covered include:
- Noise Theory – What is Sound?
- What are the dangers of Noise?
- How Noise is measured – What terminology is used?
- The EU Physical Agents Directive / Control of Noise at Work Regulations (2005)
- Techniques for noise measurement
- How to use sound level meters and noise dosimeters
- Carrying out a noise assessment
- How to record and report your findings
- Implementing noise control measures – how to reduce and control the risks
Complete the form or call us today on 0845 230 2434 to find out more.
Current Noise at Work Awareness Training Dates
Previous Noise at Work Awareness Training Dates
- Thu Oct 15 2020 – Imperial War Museum Duxford – COMPLETED